Getting insulation in your home involves more than just deciding that you want it installed. Not only do you have to find the perfect contractor and determine when you want to have the insulation installed, but you will also have to choose what type of insulation to go with. There are many types that exist, but before you decide, you will want to consider the benefits of whatever insulation you have in mind.
One of the most popular insulation materials is blown-in cellulose insulation. Here are five benefits you’ll discover upon installing blown-in cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON:
- Less waste: When insulation is installed, you’ll wind up with a warmer home, but you may also have a lot of packaging material and other demolition mess that needs to be thrown out or cleaned up, depending on your choice of insulation. If you are someone who is conscious of the environment and aren’t necessarily thrilled about having a lot of waste resulting from the project, then blown-in cellulose insulation is an option you will want to consider. There is far less mess involved, and you’ll be doing the environment a favor.
- Fewer health risks: Making improvements to your home will present health risks from time to time, not only with the type of work being performed, but with the materials being used as well. There has been suspicion that fiberglass insulation can lead to cancer. With certain types of insulation causing health issues if they are inhaled, you will want to be careful which one you choose for your home, especially if you have children.
- Lower and more affordable price: The cost of insulation will vary from type to type and contractor to contractor. Ideally, when you decide that you need insulation in your home, you will have an idea in mind of how much you want to spend. Blown-in cellulose insulation is actually one of the more affordable types of insulation, so this is something to keep in mind when you are shopping around and comparing prices.
- Fire resistant: Any home is capable of catching fire. However, what is inside of the home can contribute to how severe the fire is and how much of your home is destroyed. This includes your insulation. Not all insulation available today is good for your home because it is not fire resistant. Blown-in cellulose insulation, however, is actually fire resistant, making it a great choice.
- Mold resistant: Whatever insulation you choose for your home should not be one that can be damaged or compromised easily. Many of the insulation available today is also not very mold resistant, and this mold can ruin the insulation, as well as cause health issues for those living in the home. Thanks to the boric acid that blown-in cellulose insulation is treated with, this specific material is very mold resistant.
Not all people will want to have blown-in cellulose insulation installed in their home, as there are many types of insulation available with their own benefits. However, this doesn’t mean it isn’t an option you should consider. Depending on what you are looking for, blown-in cellulose insulation may be the ideal choice for you, your family and your home.
Interested in getting blown-in cellulose installation in West Lorne, ON installed at your home? You can speak to a professional at Chase Insulation today to learn more.