As you build your new home, one of the decisions you will have to make is which type of insulation you will use. Your choice may depend on such factors as the climate of the area you live in, the overall affordability of each type of insulation in your budget and more.
Spray foam insulation in West Lorne, ON is one of the most common types of insulation, right up there with fiberglass and cellulose. It comes with a variety of unique benefits, some of which include:
- Savings on energy bills: Spray foam has outstanding air-sealing properties, which means you will not need to put your HVAC system to nearly as hard of use on a regular basis. In summer the cold air stays trapped in, while in winter the cold air remains outside as you heat your home’s interior. In the long run, this can save you a significant amount of money on your monthly energy bills.
- Use of smaller HVAC equipment: With less of a need to have the HVAC system constantly running due to the insulation you’ve chosen, you have more options in terms of the actual HVAC solutions you install in your home. You could install smaller, more efficient furnaces or cooling systems, providing you with even more savings opportunities.
- Resale value: High-quality insulation might not do a whole lot for curb appeal, but make no mistake—it has a tremendous effect on resale value. People want to know they are going to live in a home that does not get drafty and does not cost a significant amount to keep warm during winter and cool during summer. Making these improvements will certainly bolster the overall value of your home.
- Reduce harmful substances: Spray foam insulation can help to reduce the overall amount of allergens, pollutants and moisture that enter into your home, wherever it is applied. This is especially important for people who suffer from regular allergies or asthma. Greater air quality means greater comfort and easier living for everyone in the home.
- Minimize noise: An underrated aspect of spray foam insulation is its ability to minimize the amount of noise coming from outside and inside of the home. No longer will you have to hear airborne noises like wind or planes outside. You will also not hear as many plumbing runs coming from inside your walls. Insulation has the side effect of practically soundproofing your walls, which can create a much more relaxing home environment.
- Improved structural integrity: Especially when used with closed-cell insulation, spray foam insulation can add a great deal of structural integrity to your home. It bolsters the walls and fills up the gaps inside that would otherwise create potential structural vulnerabilities.
These are only a few of the immediate and long-term benefits provided by spray foam insulation in West Lorne, ON. For more information about the services we provide and reasons why you should consider spray foam insulation when building your new home, contact our team today at Chase Insulation.