While many people are more familiar with using fiberglass insulation in their homes, there are many benefits associated with cellulose insulation that could make it the better option for your home. Whether you’re building a new home or retrofitting an existing home that either isn’t insulated or is poorly insulated, our team is happy to assist you with our cellulose insulation services.
Here are some of the greatest benefits of blown-in cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON:
- Environmentally friendly: Cellulose insulation is manufactured from completely recycled paper, and has the highest post-consumer recycled content of any type of insulation. Fiberglass insulation averages 35 percent recycled glass, but in general, cellulose insulation uses at least 75 percent recycled content.
- Energy efficiency: Cellulose insulation isn’t environmentally friendly only because of its composition—it is also the most energy efficient option of all insulation types. In fact, it can take more than 10 times the amount of energy to produce fiberglass insulation as cellulose insulation. Meanwhile, cellulose has better resistance to air flow, and is known to prevent air moving upward caused by temperature changes and differences. The R-value of cellulose improves during cold weather, while the R-value of fiberglass can decrease by up to 50 percent as temperatures get chillier.
- General health: There have been some public health threats associated with fiberglass insulation in the past, especially if fiberglass particles are breathed in. No similar health threats have ever been connected to cellulose insulation, so you do not have to worry at all about anyone in your home becoming sick due to your insulation.
- Long-lasting: Properly installed cellulose insulation will never settle inside the walls. It will also maintain its energy-saving properties over the course of time, and will not rot, decay or form mold, mildew or fungi. This means you never have to worry about replacing it or blowing in more insulation to make up for the settlement that occurs over time, which is a problem often seen with other types of insulation.
- Safe for use: You do not need to worry about the structural integrity of other components inside your wall when using cellulose insulation. It has been designed to be non-corrosive to steel, copper and aluminum, so your piping will all be safe when cellulose insulation is installed. It also has no harmful effects on wood or drywall, among other common building materials.
- Financial savings: Because it is a more energy efficient option, cellulose insulation is likely to save you a greater amount on your monthly utility bills. This is especially important if you live in an area that sees extreme temperatures. During the winter, the insulation will keep cold air out and warm air in. During the summer, it will keep the warm air out and the cool air in when your air conditioning is on.
Chase Insulation is pleased to answer any questions you have about cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON. For more information about our services or to place an order for blown-in insulation, call us and talk to one of our team members.