In the world of insulation, most industry insiders have an opinion on fiberglass versus Roxul. Fiberglass, or “pink insulation,” is the most commonly used type. But Roxul, a brand of mineral wool insulation, is starting to gain serious traction in the market.
If you are an ordinary property owner, you might have never even heard of Roxul, and are probably wondering what makes it so appealing to consumers. For your benefit, Chase Insulation has put together this handy guide of reasons why you might choose Roxul insulation over fiberglass insulation in West Lorne, ON. Read on for more information:
- Health and safety: Fiberglass insulation can easily give someone a rash when touched directly, which is why insulation professionals tend to dress very carefully when installing it. Roxul, on the other hand, requires some precautions, but not nearly as many as fiberglass. And once it is installed, Roxul is less likely to set off allergies than fiberglass is.
- Ease of use: Do you have areas in your home that have odd curves, are difficult to reach and simply cannot work with regular fiberglass insulation? If so, you will certainly want to consider using Roxul. It can be cut with an ordinary kitchen knife, making it the perfect protection for those spots that are difficult to reach.
- Water resistance: While fiberglass insulation tends to soak water up like a sponge, Roxul is incredibly water resistant. If you worry about mold or mildew growing in your insulation, or you live in an area that is prone to floods or other storm issues, then Roxul is the naturally superior choice.
- Fire resistance: It seems like common sense that insulation ought to be fire resistant, and yet for years folks have been using fiberglass and other flammable insulation materials without giving it a second thought. Fortunately, Roxul has been proven to be more fire resistant than not just fiberglass, but virtually every other insulation product on the market. A fire can happen to anyone, but using Roxul can potentially help minimize the damage.
- Sound investment: It is true that Roxul can run up to ten percent more expensive than fiberglass and other insulation options. But given that the material is fire resistant, water resistant, and highly efficient, the small amount of extra money you spend on it will likely be worth it. If nothing else, it will give you peace of mind, and you cannot put a price on that.
- Easily available: Finally, some consumers have noted that fiberglass is much more easily available to them than Roxul, which could well be true in some markets. But those looking for Roxul over fiberglas insulation in West Lorne, ON will be delighted to know that we always have it in stock at Chase Insulation.
For more information about Roxul and fiberglass insulation in West Lorne, ON, please get in touch with Chase Insulation anytime. We look forward to hearing from you, and to making your home or business more safe and comfortable.
Hey there, could you please, as far as Residential external walls are concerned in London Ontario how much would you charge me for 4400 sqft of roxul versus fiberglass I’m building a house (bungalow, 9’ ceiling in basement and 10’ceilong in main floor, the house is 67’ long and 44 feet wide.
Could you please connect? 227-663-8040
Hi Mark please contact the office directly. Thanks Chase