Homeowners will now be offered thousands of dollars in rebates who elect for energy-efficient renovations. The Ontario government has introduced the Green Ontario Fund including windows and insulation.
The purpose of the program is to offer impartial advice from energy experts to help consumers learn how they can save money and reduce their carbon footprint through home upgrades. Making it easier and more affordable for people to fight climate change at home is part of Ontario’s plan to create fairness and opportunity during this period of rapid economic change.
- Buildings generate almost a quarter of Ontario’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Green Ontario Fund takes consumer protection seriously. No agents will come to your door without your consent. The agency requires residents taking advantage of rebates to work with a qualified and screened contractor listed on GreenON.ca.
- Contractors participating in the program must satisfy established criteria and complete training for specific low-carbon renovations.
- The Green Ontario Fund is a key pillar in the province’s Climate Change Action Plan and is funded entirely by proceeds from the carbon market.
The new rebates are: Up to $7,200 off new insulation, and a $100 rebate for air sealing. Homeowners and tenants could also be eligible for a $100 smart thermostat rebate.
In Ontario, GreenON Rebates are available to residents who hire participating contractors to make energy upgrades that qualify under the program. Upgrades can be made in attics, basements, exterior walls, or a combination of all three. Cut drafts, lower heating and cooling costs and help keep your home temperature consistent by upgrading the insulation of your attic, basement and exterior walls
- Receive up to $1,500 for upgrading your attic insulation.
- Receive up to $1,900 when you update your basement insulation.
- Receive up to $3,800 when you upgrade your home’s exterior wall insulation.
Get $100 for air sealing your home. Tiny gaps and cracks in your home can add up to big energy losses making your furnace work harder than it needs to. Air sealing is an easy way to keep the heat in and the elements out while helping you save. *Must be completed in conjunction with insulation rebate.
To qualify for the GreenON Rebate, homeowners must work with a participating contractor such as Chase Insulation in West Lorne when purchasing and installing insulation. The team at Chase will submit the application for the rebate and will follow all of the guidelines and requisites. Once work has been completed, the homeowner will validate the work completion by submitting formal paperwork as the proof of purchase. Working with a participating contractor such as Chase Insulation ensures that both product and installation are of high quality. Participating contractors take care of the entire process – from supplying and installing insulation, to submitting completed rebate paperwork. Homeowners need only validate that work has been completed, and submit proof of purchase. Rebates take approximately 8-12 weeks.
As a GreenON contractor, Chase Insulation provides customers with quality insulation installation and removal. Our a team of dedicated professionals will evaluate your entire home and the main areas of insufficiency and recommend the best approach for upgrading your home’s insulation. The team at Chase Insulation will also recommend the best rebate option that will most benefit you under the circumstances.
We offer many different types of insulation, including fiberglass insulation, roxul insulation, cellulose insulation and spray polyurethane foam insulation but when you do business with Chase Insulation you’re selecting quality above all else.