When you own a brick and mortar business, you have so much more responsibility aside from your usual business related activities. There’s building maintenance, cleaning up at the end of the day and utility bills that need your attention. You also need to make sure your building is a warm, comfortable environment this winter so employees don’t freeze and customers want to come back. A good place to start is checking that the building’s insulation is properly installed and not of poor quality.
With this in mind, let’s take a look at some reasons why quality business insulation in West Lorne, ON is especially important during the cold winter months:
- Less winter energy usage: When your business building is properly insulated with an up-to-date insulation material, you won’t have to use the heating system as often, because the cold outdoor temperatures will have no way to seep in. Thanks to the insulation in the walls and ceilings, your warm indoor air stays that way instead of becoming compromised by cold exterior elements.
- Save on heating costs: The less energy you use this winter, the more money you can save on monthly heating costs. But a bad insulation job can result in money escaping out from in between shifting insulation materials. Don’t let a poorly insulated structure leave you in the cold this winter—have the professionals inspect your business insulation in West Lorne, ON to ensure it is energy efficient!
- Keep employees comfortable: The heater turned on and the cold coming through the walls at the same time is a recipe for unhealthy indoor air, which can have an effect on employee performance. It can be difficult to work when your hands are frozen and you have to breathe in stuffy air all day long, and having to work in such conditions can lead to employees having to call in sick. When the building insulation is good, it can keep the warm air produced by the heater inside, allowing the level of employee comfort to go up.
- Warm is welcoming: Making your customers feel welcome in your shop means more than simply installing a pretty welcome sign up front. You must also offer a personally welcoming experience the minute their feet come through the door—such as by greeting them and offering assistance—as well as create a warm, inviting space for them to warm up in. While the crazy winter weather doesn’t stop people from shopping, your freezing cold business interior just might.
- Protect inventory: Depending on the products you sell, the cold temperatures may or may not damage your inventory. For example, if you are in the food industry, then fluctuating indoor temperatures would not be good for food quality or safety. Think of it this way: protecting your products protects your livelihood.
Whether you are interested in upgrading to a more energy efficient insulation or need new materials to replace your old business insulation in West Lorne, ON, your first call should be to the professionals at Chase Insulation. We are knowledgeable in everything related to insulation for your home or business!