Are you looking to re-insulate your home or have a new construction project that requires insulation? The benefits of cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON over fiberglass insulation will make a difference in your construction insulation project. By selecting cellulose insulation, you will reap the rewards for years to come and eliminate the health hazards associated with fiberglass insulation. Here are some of the benefits of choosing cellulose insulation:
- Recycled materials: Because cellulose insulation is made of plant fibers, it is an environmentally friendly choice. It is the least polluting of insulation types and is a very energy efficient insulation solution. It uses the highest amount of recycled content compared to other insulation types, including fiberglass, which includes 35 percent recycled glass. Cellulose insulation uses a minimum of 75 percent recycled content, more than double that of fiberglass insulation.
- Prevents air drafts: When cellulose insulation is installed, it is sprayed or blown into your home’s walls. It fits in all the odd-shaped spaces around plumbing, air ducts and wiring. This provides a monolithic thermal barrier that is free from gaps and drafts. Fiberglass insulation, on the other hand, is cut and pieced together throughout your walls, leaving gaps and places for air drafts to get in—another good reason to choose cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON.
- Zero health risks: When installing cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON, you can rest easy when it comes to health risks. No unfavorable health effects have been identified from cellulose insulation, whereas fiberglass insulation has well documented health hazards associated with it. On contact, fiberglass insulation can lead to skin irritation, and if the glass particles that make it up are inhaled, it can cause other health risks.
- Greater thermal resistance: Your home will be better insulated with cellulose insulation, as its R-value (thermal resistance) actually improves when the weather gets colder. It has better resistance to air flow and prevents air from moving upward when the temperature drops. This will protect you from house drafts when the wind blows on those cold winter days. Meanwhile, fiberglass insulation’s R-value actually decreases by as much as 50 percent when temperatures drop.
- For the life of your home: Cellulose insulation will also stand up over the lifespan of your home. When properly installed, the recycled material doesn’t settle in walls. Cellulose insulation is also not susceptible to mildew, rot or decay, and it will not grow fungus or mold. It is also a non-corrosive material and is friendly to steel, copper and aluminum.
- Low production energy: The energy used to produce cellulose insulation is relatively low. It takes 10 times as much energy to produce fiberglass insulation. This is another way in which installing cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON is an environmentally sound solution for your home.
When you install cellulose insulation in West Lorne, ON, you will be rewarded by benefits that are designed to keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Cellulose insulation is the right choice for your new or existing home’s insulation installation. Contact Chase Insulation today for insulation installation or removal. No project is too big or too small for our full-service company, and we deliver quality results every time.